Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers in relation to the information we collect about you.
Our Data Protection representative can be contacted at:
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd is an Insurance Brokers working with you. We provide Commercial and Personal Insurance Products including claim management. We access insurance markets in Ireland/UK and Europe.
Purpose for processing your data
We need to collect your personal data in enable us to provide you with Insurance Products that you have requested us to supply to you. This may be a Commercial Insurance Product, Personal Insurance Product, or process a claim on your behalf. You may also require us to pay refunds to your Bank Account.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with Insurance Products & Services including Claims Management, Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd need to collect personal data. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract
In any event, Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, ethnic origin, racial – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure that we obtain your explicit consent and it will only be required where you have requested a product that requires this information to enable us to arrange this specified cover on your behalf.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd in the course of dealing with you. This may involve passing information to insurers, other intermediaries, risk management assessors, industry regulators, or auditors and other third parties. We may also pass information to credit reference agencies and premium finance providers in connection with the assessment of financial standing generally. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf.
Data Subjects Rights:
Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WE ARE PROVIDING YOU WITH TO ENSURE WE ARE TRANSPARENT AND FAIR WITH OUR PROCESSING
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body, The Central Bank of Ireland and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Organisation Name’s data protection representative, Gavin Mitchell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract of Insurance and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on Dickson & Wilson Insurance Brokers Ltd email@example.com or phone 00353 (1) 802 6622